GBS-specific therapy was administered in 151 (96.8%) patients at a median duration of 7 (IQR, 4–13.75) days after symptom onset (Table (Table2).2). The majority of these patients (88.1%) had intravenous immunoglobulin (IVIg), and the remainder (11.9%) had plasmapheresis. A quarter of these patients had a second course of therapy at a median duration of 17 (IQR, 8.5–28.5) days after completion of the first therapy. The median duration of hospitalization for the 145 (93%) patients with available data was 2.4 (1–8) weeks. Ability to walk was reported at follow-up in 97 (62.2%) patients. Approximately half of these patients were able to walk independently within 9 months after discharge, and a third regained the ability to walk independently thereafter. Death of one patient was caused by septicemia.

Note: The content above has been extracted from a research article, so it may not display correctly.



Q&A
Please log in to submit your questions online.
Your question will be posted on the Bio-101 website. We will send your questions to the authors of this protocol and Bio-protocol community members who are experienced with this method. you will be informed using the email address associated with your Bio-protocol account.



We use cookies on this site to enhance your user experience. By using our website, you are agreeing to allow the storage of cookies on your computer.