The main data sources (table S1) allowed estimation of vulnerability for 84.8% of the world’s population. Territories and dependencies with missing data were assigned their sovereign’s values, which increased the total proportion of the population represented to 98.4%. Last, the remaining 1.6% was imputed using boosted regression trees to predict each individual indicator using all other indicators, with the exception of a few areas (<0.1% of total population) for which one indicator (agriculture exposure) was not imputed because it could not be treated as a regression problem; i.e., it depends on future climatic conditions rather than on current countries’ socioeconomic and governance indicators.

Note: The content above has been extracted from a research article, so it may not display correctly.



Q&A
Please log in to submit your questions online.
Your question will be posted on the Bio-101 website. We will send your questions to the authors of this protocol and Bio-protocol community members who are experienced with this method. you will be informed using the email address associated with your Bio-protocol account.



We use cookies on this site to enhance your user experience. By using our website, you are agreeing to allow the storage of cookies on your computer.